COVID Policy and Plan
Levels 1 & 2
We are able to run our workshops under Level 1 & 2 restrictions with increased measures in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. Please read below the changes we are implementing for Level 2 to minimise the risk and spread of COVID-19.
Levels 3 & 4
We are unable to run our workshops under Level 3 & 4 restrictions. If your workshop will be affected by this we will be contacting you soon to reschedule your workshop.
Operating Policy for Level 1 & 2 Restrictions
We are able to run our workshops as per normal under alert level 1 & 2. We will be maintaining strict hygiene practises on all of our tours. Please see “Protecting yourself from COVID-19” below.
- We ask that anyone with flu-like symptoms or feels unwell at any time before or during the workshop to inform us immediately and socially distance themselves as much as possible from the rest of the group.
- We reserve the right to ask anyone we feel may be unwell and/or have flu like symptoms that may pose a risk to other attendees health and safety to leave any of our tours or workshops.
- We ask that if you have had contact with anyone who may have COVID-19 or is self-isolating because of contact with COVID-19, we ask that you have a negative PCR test done before attending any of our workshops.
- If you have been at any of the locations of interest posted by the Ministry of Health, we ask that you have a negative PCR test done before attending any of our workshops.
- We will have our business QR code displayed at each workshop so that you can sign in. We will also be using our booking system to note who has attended our workshops.
- We will be practising social distancing when we are in our classrooms and out in the field – under level 2 requirements.
- Before and after each workshop we will be sanitizing the surfaces in our classrooms and facilities.
- If your workshop requires that we travel together in our vans we strongly recommend the use of facial masks, our guides will be wearing them – compulsory at level 2 restrictions.
- On entering our vans or classrooms we will ask you to please sanitize your hands.
- We ask that while on our workshops that you do not share food or equipment with other guests.
- And as always we ask that everyone washes their hands – A lot!
Protecting yourself from COVID-19
To find out the latest information and news releases on COVID-19 follow these links:
We will be asking you to sign into the contract tracing system via the QR codes wherever we go on the tour. We will ask that Bluetooth is turned on on your phones while we travel together.
We also encourage the following guidelines recommending by the Ministry of Health:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
We also recommend:
- We encourage you to refrain from all but non-essential travel before your workshop. If you must travel, then we need to know where you have been.
- Practice “social distancing”. You should be keeping a safe distance from others as much as possible in your daily life.
Anyone can also contact the Ministry of Health dedicated phone line for COVID-19 on 0800 358 545
We will be following the Ministry of Health guidelines for our workshops.
We will be sending this policy to you before your workshop, regarding the virus, our policies, and the precautionary measures we will be taking.
COVID-19 Procedures for Tours and Workshops
On arrival at any of our workshops, we will be asking you to do the following:
- Sanitize your hands
- Maintain good hygiene practises i.e. coughing into a tissue or sleeve
- Refrain from touching others including handshaking and hugging
- Keep as much distance between other participants as possible
- Limit the use of shared resources e.g. pens
We will be doing the following to make sure we do everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19
- Asking anyone who is unwell to not join the group
- Sanitize any communal hard surfaces
- Have hand sanitizer available
- Practise Social Distancing while in Alert Level 2 (or Above)